I have two wonderful in-laws. I have been blessed to have them in my life. They are wonderful parents and grandparents and have taught me a lot of things throughout all these years. They say you don't really appreciate what you have until it's gone, and "they" are right. For many years Val and Velma lived here in Mesa, and we enjoyed many family gatherings in their home, great dinners, Sunday evening visits, Christmas parties and all of the great things that happen when you have family close by. About 9 years ago, they bought a home in Missouri and moved. It was a sad time and quite an adjustment for us, we had no place to go on Sunday evenings and we did feel a big loss. They would come for visits on occasion, and we loved to have them here. They now live in Idaho, several of their children live there as well, and they have a "winter home" here in Mesa that they just purchased this year. They came to Arizona in September, and it's been so nice have them here and being able to have a few family gatherings with them. They are always so helpful and I have really enjoyed our visits.
My Father-in-Law Val, is really a kind and patient man. He loves his grandchildren and he always wants to make sure his sons are treating their wives well. He shares a love of westerns and shooting with Mike, and they also seem to enjoy discussing family history. He has been a great example to me, and I admire how much his children really care for him, and look out for him. I'm very grateful he is a part of my life.









0 comments:
Post a Comment