Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pictures from the Field

Today we got a welcome surprise in the mail.  Andrew sent us a CD of his pictures up until January 22nd when he mailed it.  They don't call it snail mail for nothin'!  I just had to laugh when I saw how it was packed.  This first picture is the outside with our address and yes that is black duct tape.
The next picture is the inside after opening the flap. More black duct tape.
This last part is the paper the CD was wrapped in - I guess they don't think too much about privacy in Brazil, it was someone's personal info.  I know we taught Andrew to be frugal when he was growing up, but this is ridiculous!  I will recommend he purchases a mailer next time.
The letter that Andrew included with the CD was sort of helpful.  "Pictures 1 to 158 are in Sao Paulo and the CTM, after that is Cuiaba, until picture 173 or 174 and then is Porto Velho.  178 is a picture of my Zone Leaders, 202 is a picture of my two companions....261 is the girl we baptized. Love you guys!"  There are 267 pictures on the disk I know what 3 of them are.  It won't take long to figure out the rest, since I wasn't there.  I will start saving and sorting these and perhaps post a couple of pictures every few days.  The picture below I know is in Porto Velho and he is with Elder Sullivan who has since been transferred.  I just loved the sky behind them, and the picture makes me want to sing "Humble Way" from Saturdays' Warrior.

2 comments:

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

So fun. I agree, "Humble Way" does come to mind. It's a great picture of them standing on a hill with the open world ahead of them.
Love it.

Shari Tate said...

OH
MY
GOSH
Mental note - FHE at the Tate home will be the importance of keeping detailed notes on all pictures sent home!!!
BUT THANK GOODNESS you got them!!!