Saturday, January 22, 2011

Birthday Surprise and Liver and Onions?!

Today was my Mom's Birthday, so I decided to surprise her, drive to Thatcher and and have lunch with her. My good friend Debbie Brown, was kind enough to go with me and keep me company there and back, she also got to visit with her Daughter Demaree while we were there.
I first stopped at my Sister Marie's and then we all went together to my parent's home. When we got there, Marie and Roger were in front of me and mom was standing there chatting with them, then all of the sudden she noticed I was there, and said, "Oh, you came!" she was pleasantly surprised. We asked her where she wanted to go for lunch and she said, "JB's, for liver and onions." (This has been favorite of hers for as long as I can remember, so she treats herself on her birthday.)
Just in case you've never seen liver and onions, this is what it looks like.
We had a nice lunch and a nice visit, then we went back to Dad and Mom's and had some birthday cake, mom baked her own cake, I thought that was cute. I visited with my parents while we worked on a puzzle. Okay, they mostly did the puzzle but I got a few pieces in. I left around 5 pm, Debbie and I ate dinner at the Burger House in Miami and got home about 8:30. It was a nice day! Sure hope you had a wonderful birthday Mom, I love you!

0 comments: