Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"So it's pretty sweet being in the Manaus Mission"

This week was good. We had our zone conference which is always a blast, talking with all the other missionaries, hearing mission statistics, and getting some pointers in our teaching and finding people. I saw Elder Leitch again, my companion from the CTM and some of the missionaries i knew from the beginning of the mission. I was pretty amazed when i heard what Mission Manaus wants to do for all the missionaries for Christmas. We're going to go on a boat ride on the river! ALL the missionaries. So it's pretty sweet being in the Manaus Mission. To answer the questions, it's alot hotter here in Manaus, my shirt around my belt is always soaked in sweat unless it's going to rain... I just share my apartment with my companion. In the Cuiabá mission there was an apostle that came to visit, Elder Cook, but i was in Porto Velho so i didn't get to hear him speak. I heard two seventies speak while i was in Rio Branco for stake conference, Elder Ellis and i don't remember the other. The envelopes were just ones i bought in the CTM but i wanted to cut some weight and i haven't written any letters in a while... I forgot about Thanksgiving so we didn't do anything really special for it. Sounds like you guys did some fun stuff. Good thing grandma didn't get hurt too bad. The baptism we had didn't go through because we couldn't teach her the whole week. but now that school's over it should be easier to find her at home... We do have a man to baptize this sunday named Alexandro, who's 19 years old. In 5 days he read until Alma 36 so he's pretty elect. We threw out the coffee the first time we taught him the Word of Wisdom. He's a good guy. I hope we can get him out on a mission soon. We're also teaching a super smart hippie looking Brazilian. It's good to have a normal smart conversation with someone. We're going to see if we can mark a baptism with him. He just works during church on Sunday which is difficult.
I did get the card with all the pictures in it. was that the last night that i had with all my friends there before i left on my mission or was that before college(question mark) I would send m new pictures but the problem is these computers don't have sim card readers so there isn't much opportunity to send them... i still have the cd of photos, there's just not a mail place to go to, to send them. I don't need money, but i had forgotten and i figured it'd be good to know just incase i needed something. That's funny that you guys are still doing the owl thing. Do the ironsides live close to you guys(question mark)

It's great to hear from you guys again and i hope that everything's going well for you guys there. Thanks for the pictures! Have a great week. Love you guys! Bye
-Andrew

0 comments: