Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Letter from the Field

made it to Cuiaba yesterday. Before that though, i did run into Brandon and it was great seeing him. I gave him a few things to know about the Brazilian CTM and told him it was going to be way more fun. It was sad parting with some of our district, but we knew it was coming, and we had a bunch of fun. I couldn´t think of a better way to go. The flight wasn´t very long and we had some brazilians help us through the airport that have a mission in Cuiaba too. My mission isn´t in the same state as Cuiaba. I`m taking a 24 hour bus ride to a town called "Porto Velho" which means "Old Harbor". Last night was quite an experience too. I met my mission president and he is a way nice and loving guy, very smart too, as well as his wife. They´re very strict on rules, like music. I can only listen to music made by the church, not things like EFY or Disney. All the new missionaries that arrived (7 of us, 4 from my original district) came to the headquarters here and met him, got some extra information on the area, and had a great dinner, desert, and testimony meeting. After we went to this hotel, where we could not drink the water and it was very hot, but eventually the AC unit in the room cooled it down. I was very afraid of mosquitos or some form of crawling creature biting me. The only thing we really ran into was another cockaroach in the morning that was even bigger than the one in the movie. Elder Leitch killed it once again with his bug gun, but this time it´s guts went all over the floor, and i almost threw up. looked way nasty. I received the 3 packages fine here from you and the ward, which was fun, but i might not have that same blessing in smaller cities where the mail people won´t be as trusting and will probably take what they want. My companion to be is Elder Sulivan who as you might guess is north american. I´m going to an area where the church is a lot newer. A city of 400,00 with only 1 stake. Send the letters to the mission headquarters in Cuiaba. That way they will make sure I receive them, so i don´t miss them due to a transfer. Next time we talk I´ll be in the actual field! thanks for the packages and everything! They are really appreciated. I love you guys very much, and hope everything goes well at home. Talk to you later!

0 comments: