Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feeling Sentimental

I was looking at this picture that is in one of the ornaments on our Christmas tree. Andrew is 7 and Laura is almost 2 in this picture. I wish I could have just one day with them at that age again. Make Mickey Mouse Pancakes, clean their sticky fingers, play tag, hide and go seek, play in the sand box, swing on the swings, play on the monkey bars, play with legos and play dough, and play Chutes and Ladders and Hi Ho Cherrio, make cookie cutter peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, set up the Hot Wheels track, read their favorite stories, go on a walk pulling the wagon, read them a bed time story and sing them their favorite lullabies, and smell their clean hair and skin as I kiss their soft cheeks good night.

1 comments:

tidwell said...

That picture is so cute! It is hard to transition into different stages of our lives, but ooh what fun 14 year olds are!, I'm loving it :) Challenging but fun!