Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More from our Manaus Missionary and a couple of pictures too!


"Picture of when I was walking through one of the bridges here."

"When I was being transfered two weeks ago with all my stuff."

To Mom:
I still haven't gotten any of the packages yet, but i'm sure there safe and sound in one of the offices of the presidents, whether in Cuiaba or in Manaus. I haven't moved anywhere, i'm just in a different mission now. My mission is the most north, here in Brazil now, so it's the hottest and now it's also the biggest mission in Brazil. i still have the same companion, but it's possible that next tuesday i could be transferred. I still haven't talked with the new mission president, which is President Jayme, but i was reading the weekly journal last week, and he said he was making adjustments to make some conferences and things to visit the elders here. So, i'm not sure when that'll happen, but i'm pretty sure we'll have one sometime in the next month.

That's cool that Bro. Murphy made it onto the front page of the newspaper!  Tell him congratz for me for the big headliner!

Glad you guys had a good 4th of July. I forgot that the 4th of July was Independance day until i was writing in my journal the night of. Just a normal day here in Brazil, i guess Brazilians don't care much for the day the U.S. got their freedom. That's funny about the Ironsides coming and playing with you guys there. I remember Beth is a little crazy, and really likes to have fun. It's good to have people around that know how to have fun eh? That's cool that laura is back from efy now. seems like she's having a pretty busy summer. How are the two tortises getting along? Can you ride on any of them yet, or are they still way small?

That stinks that Brandon is in another mission. I was hoping to see someone from Mesa that i recognized! There's a few other missionaries that i saw in the CTM that i knew before the mission that might be there too... i'll have to wait and see.

Things are pretty normal here. It's way hot here too, and Acre is entering it's "dry season" So instead of a rainy and hot, it's a dry and hot. I don't have much of a preference between the two. I hear you guys are now in the Fitness Club. Do you guys just walk, or do you guys use the machines and stuff?

Well, i hope you have a good week mom. Love you a lot! I'll let you know about the packages when i hear about them. talk to you next week!
-Andrew

To Dad:
ha that's crazy about the railroad cars jumping the track. that's gotta be a pain to take care of. glad that you're getting a lot work, but i bet you'd rather work on the family history, huh? is the family history still going, or did you hit a block and can't continue? this week was good. First week of Mission Manaus, everyone is still excited. The zone leaders said that there's a good chance we'll be transfered. That'd be cool to go even more north and see another city. It'd be hotter, but the church is a lot bigger in that city because it's a little more older and they're even building a temple there. The whole new mission thing had a few problems in the changing. We couldn't communicate with our president unless it was an emergency and everyone was kinda running out of money but as of today, everything's been taken care of and back to normal... I'm still not what sure what the rules of the new mission are, but maybe our president sent it in a journal... i hear Coca Cola might be against the rules... my companion didn't like to hear that at all, haha. That's cool that you guys had fun with the Canadians on the 4th of July. On the 4th of July i didn't realize it was Independence day, until i was writing in my journal. Though Brazil has a bunch of holidays, none of them fall on the 4th of July, so it was just a normal day here. So, it's getting hot there? How many degrees is it there? And at the fitness club, do you guys just walk, or do you guys use some of the machines or the raquet ball courts? So things are going normal here. nothing too crazy, but i'll let you know if i get transfered next week. I'll send some pictures today to you guys of my area here. Hope everything is going good there with the work and all, even if the weather is getting hot. Have a good week dad, love you a bunch!
-Andrew 

1 comments:

Heather said...

he looks good.