Thursday, February 19, 2009

Like Buttah.......................

Okay, so don't get all vaklempt...........this afternoon Heather and I tried our hand at canning butter.  Thanks Tammy for sharing the instructions.  We canned 27 jars of it, as you can see some of them are in different stages.  Heather was really committed to the process and brought 12 pounds of butter already opened, and we ran out of jars, so we made 3 batches of Toffee Popcorn to use up the rest of it.  We did have 1 stick left.  It was fun and fairly simple, but just some advice don't do cheers in the kitchen with a wooden spoon sticking out of the top your pan.  Sorry the pictures are a little fuzzy when I was uploading them I noticed the camera was on nature shots.

Are we awesome or what?

It really was hard work!

I don't think we'll be on Martha or Rachel Ray any time soon!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Ha Ha- I counted 30 jars :) That was fun! Until our next adventure!

mamajo said...

Your pantry will look amazing! But that popcorn... now that looks yummy! Also, thanks for the nice comment on my blog. After a greuling day at work it definitely made me smile off my frowny face!! Joanna

AZ Bunkers said...

So - was it pretty easy? I would love to get the instructions from you. Hey, can you send me an email with the info...I don't have your email address anymore. Thanks!