This is an excerpt from an email Andrew sent to Laura this week - I thought it was a wonderful life lesson for her, though simple, I thought it showed some of Andrew's growth while he's been out and it's a great reminder for me also. I have Laura's permission to share this part of her email.
The time is flying here, I only have 2 ½ weeks here in the MTC. I think the key is just being happy no matter the situation. I want to tell you something that I’ve learned that you may already know but just to make sure I’ll tell you anyways. My companion is rarely happy, because he lets things that are outside of his control affect his happiness, like people, or the food, or what he can’t have. But the truth is happiness isn’t something that comes from friends, or objects or anything, but it’s something that you choose to be and it comes from inside. That is the way we can ALWAYS be happy. You simply choose to be happy in every situation by realizing what you have. Like…when I start to feel like I’m getting down, I start saying in my head what I’m thankful for, usually starting with the gospel, a wonderful family (that includes you!), etc. etc. So I want you to know that I do love you, and that it’s great that you’re doing new things and meeting new people, and I want you to be happy 100% of the time because you know how, or you already knew and I’m just reminding you :)






4 comments:
That is the sweetest advice from a big brother to his little sister ever. He has already learned a great key to a successful life and he's still in the MTC. Wow!
that is lovely. what a good boy you have and a good brother. i think he's right-happiness comes from within. sometimes you can't control a situation but you can control how you feel.
What an awesome brother! This is a great reminder for me to.
Patrice,
Thanks for sharing some of Andrew's letters. It's fun to hear how they grow and change. What great kids you have!
Post a Comment