Today my daughter Laura had all 4 of her wisdom teeth removed. There is pictoral evidence but if I post it, I may be in a bit of hot water. The procedure itself lasted about 30 minutes, and when she came to she was giggling about everything, it was hard to get her to the car and once in I had to buckle her seat belt because she was not alert enough to know what she was doing. By the time we got home she was slumped to the left of the seat leaning against the arm rest. When I unbuckled her she slid a bit more that way and it took several minutes to get her to sit up properly so I could assist her out of the car. Once she was upright, she seemed to have forgotten how to walk, she was putting her weight on the side of her right foot, then dragging her left foot behind. When we finally arrived in her room and got her situated she started crying. She didn't know why and most of her babble was incoherent. She was and still is talking so low I keep thinking I need my hearing checked. We finally got a smoothie down along with the ibuprofen, put ice packs on her face and she did rest for a bit. She is feeling a little better but keeps complaining of a sore throat, hopefully by tomorrow we will see marked improvement.
I just want to know who named the teeth that never come in correctly or straight and require removal Wisdom Teeth? They say wisdom comes with age and experience, but at 17 you are neither old or experienced enough in life to be considered wise. I think we should get these misnomers relabeled. Perhaps we could call them, Empty Wallet Teeth since the the procedure costs quite a bit, or Rebelious Roots since they come in during the teenage years, anything that doesn't make them seem so distiguished. If our mouths were a garden, I think they would be classified as the weeds!
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Where is the 'Wisdom' in Wisdom Teeth?
Posted by mpal at 4:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment