Monday, August 8, 2011

Taking a Leap of Faith and Praying God Will Catch Us

Where to begin with this, I'm not exactly sure how this all happened, but Laura had wanted to get iinto the EVIT program down here in cosmetology, but there was quite a waiting list. An opening became available to attend the EAC Cosmetogolgy program in Thatcher, before we knew it she had been accepted, and we were driving down to register her for EAC, the Cosmetology School and Pima High School (Junior class size 56). It seemed super crazy but amid all the craziness it also felt like the right thing to do. My sister and her husband have been kind enough to let her stay with them until we get past the short term temporary decisions and move onto the mid-term temporary decisions and so on. This is quite an adjustment for all of us, but we really feel like this door was opened for a reason. We're just taking baby steps each day and trusting that the Lord will help us continue on the path we need to follow.


We had to go to a mandatory parent meeting last Friday, so we packed up Laura's things and moved her to my sister's house that day. This was the sign on her bedroom door made by cousins Quentin and Carlan (with the help of their mother of course)



First day of school

I got up and made waffles and bacon for breakfast, since that is our tradition on the first day of school, then took the traditional leaving for school photo.


2nd day of school

In her official uniform, check out the tricked out name badge.


It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I know there have been days and moments that have been hard for Laura, but I know she can do this, we are behind her 100%!

2 comments:

Used Cars said...

wow! how exciting. I'm sure it will be hard too, but seems like a great opportunity. and it doesn't hurt that she has addi nearby! :) Good luck Laura.

the randalls

sista # 2 said...

Wow! I did not expect to read that!haha She is very lucky and I am happy for her great opportunity! I can see her doing hair -how fun!!