Sunday, October 16, 2011

30 Year High School Reunion - The Proud Crowd of '81

My 30 year High School Reunion was this past Friday and Saturday.  We graduated in 1981, and there were 81 of us.  I wish that many could have come to our reunion, those that couldn't come were missed, but I really enjoyed catching up with those that did.

Jane Peterson Gardner, Mary Foltz, Kim Clark Helvy
Me, Shannon Lee Wangeman, Linda Moody Robinson

I didn't think to bring my camera to take pictures, so I'm hoping there will be a few more pictures posted on facebook that I can snag and post to the blog.

On Friday, we went to the Thatcher High School Homecoming Pep Assembly and then rode on a Hay Bail float in the parade - That evening we went to dinner at Casa Manana and visited then attended the football game, Thatcher stomped Benson 26 to 0.  After the game we went to Tom Pursley's home, had a bon fire, visited more and saw a slide show of the "good old days' at THS.  It was so great to visit with everyone and see how they are doing now.  Saturday, we had a fabulous BBQ, again at Tom's home and they had everyone get up and tell a little bit about what they have done over the past 30 years.  I was so great to see how everyone had moved forward in their lives, and there were quite a few humorous moments.  We really did have a great class, with amazing people in it.  Thanks for the great memories class of '81!
I 


1 comments:

sista # 2 said...

So great! That's what a small class is all about :) I didn't even get an invite to my 20th!! Not hard to find me since I haven't left Mesa! What a cool weekend for you.
p.s. post more often :)