On Saturday April 16th, Laura got to attend her first Prom. She had a really great time, from the day date, to pictures, to dinner, and the dance. Her date was Damien Larson.
When I went to upload the pictures from my camera, I was surprised to see this interesting picture! For the day date, they created a slip and slide kick ball field and used these innertubes as the bases. They put Jello on the home plate, and you had to slide into home or you didn't get the point. They also had a water balloon fight, and went swimming at the McClary's home afterward. They all in Laura's words, "had so much fun!"

Laura posing before her date came to pick her up

Putting on the Corsage

Pinning on the Boutonierre

Laura and Damien Larson

The Corsage
*Funny Story - Because Laura's date came from out of town he stayed at her friend Davis Heap's house after the day date. His mom had made sure he put the corsage in his suitcase, Davis' mom called me and in our conversation she asked if he had a corsage, and I told her that his mom had said he did. So, she had him get the corsage and put it in the refrigerator. We laughed so hard when we were looking at the pictures and realized her corsage was made out of silk flowers. Damien must have thought we were crazy having him put that in the fridge!

Boutonierre
Laura made this. A sister in our ward had her friend come and teach the girls how to make them on Friday evening. It really kept the cost down and they learned a new skill. I think she did a great job.

The Group getting ready for pictures

Bryce McClary, Davis Heap, Laura and Damien Larson

Laura and Damien

I like this pose it reminds me of an advertisement in a magazine

Everyone's shoes, Bryce had the cheetah print shoes and Laura's are the silver wedges, everyone kept calling them the Lady Gaga shoes

Picture perfect
1 comments:
She looks beautiful! Those are some serious shoes girl!
I love her hair ;) Chloe goes to theirs in 2 weeks.
Post a Comment