Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I had to use rain water to brush my teeth last night, which is a first.

Hey family!
This week was pretty interesting. We've been having to shower at the house of a nearby member, and they're kind enough to wash our clothes. We're going to switch houses tomorrow. We didn't have water the entire week, though we've had a few good days of rain. I had to use rain water to brush my teeth last night, which is a first. I'm glad we're moving tomorrow. I had already gotten used to it, but my companion was way anxious to move out. We would've moved already but one of the very few places available to move into won't be finished until sometime today. I'm excited about the new house. It'll have a garage opener, it'll be completely new, and of course... it'll have RUNNING WATER! The garage opener will be way sweet though. It's a bit more secure too with electric fences, so it'll be pretty great. We've got 2 baptisms marked for this sunday with the possilibility of one if the man will quit drinking. We'll have to see. We have quite a few opportunities now. Another guy named Pedro is excited to hear our lessons. He dances like Michael Jackson really really well. It's impressive! I'll record it on my camera for you guys to watch in a year ;) the baptism for last sunday fell through. Some friends came and talked her out of the baptisms, so we gave a pretty firm lesson with her yesterday and remarked for this sunday. That's funny about the story with Q. he's a fun, calm kid. He's got to be... 5 years old now right? i was always impressed by how quickly he learned things. I remember going to that fair two years ago with my roommates. We had some good times there. That stinks that you guys won't travel but you guys can just save up the money for an even bigger trip right? You guys should go on a cruise or something crazy like that. Haven't got any packages but I got a card yesterday, with the missionaries trying to escape from the forest area. That was fun. We looked at it and i was like "yep, that's us." literally, some parts of the area are just a complete forest area, with wooden bridges and all. It's kind of weird, because there's the modern city part, and the little town part, with dirt roads, rickety bridges and a lot of forest. Interesting stuff huh? It was great to hear from you guys again. Hope the fall break goes well. I'll look for the packages and let you guys know. Talk to you guys later!

-Andrew
PS Love you tons! The pictures opened, thanks a bunch!

3 comments:

Heather said...

no water for a week--how awful. I'm glad he's getting into a new house.

tidwell said...

Now that a fun life experience.

Shari Tate said...

Trent, Isaac and I were sitting here talking about how HARD missions are! They are both so close! Isaac will hopefully have his interview Sunday, and Trent's a few months away still! But when I told them about how excited Andrew was to finally have running water...their eyes just got huge! Isaac says he hopes to stay in the states....Trent is like...BRING IT ON!! haha
Such an exciting time! Can't believe he's already been out a year!!