Andrew is getting new Mission President as President Milder has faithfully served in his calling and it's time for him to be released.
To Dad:
This week was good, we baptized a girl of 8 years, so now all the kids in this family we've been working with are baptized. I want to baptize the parents but, A: the father is in jail right now and B: the mom visits the father in jail during church time on sunday. It's required that all people that are being prepared to be baptized go at least once to church, or you need authorization from the president to go ahead with the baptism... but she's a member of the church assembly of God so it's proving a little difficult. I rarely find time to practice the piano here. I always practice and play before zone conferences, which happen about once every 1 month and 1-2 weeks. And even then, it's usually a keyboard with a bunch of problems. I've only played on a piano, piano once here in the mission. My money is holding out well. I've made plans with it, i always buy the same food and things so i always have a good supply of money. I'm going to save up a little to buy a backpack which probably will be okay to use when we have a new mission president. In this mission now, we can only use side bags, and that's strictly a thing of president milder, so most likely we'll be able to use backpacks with the new president, which would be cool, because i'll be able to carry a few more things, and also carry them more confortably.
Yesterday i had my last conference with the president milder. It was pretty sad to see him go, but he taught some very interesting things about the premortal life. He and Sister Milder also gave me a tie for my upcoming b-day, which looks pretty cool. Everyone's getting pretty anxious to see the new president. I think it'll be a great opportunity to get to learn from two different people that have a bunch of knowledge about the church.
I'm glad to hear that the family history is going well. Are you visiting the temple a lot to put their names in for the ordinances and things? I hope everything is going well there, and that the work continues to bring success. Have a good one dad, love you!
-Elder Millett
To Mom:
We had a baptism on Sunday, it all went well. It was a girl of 8 years old, so now we've baptized all the kids in this family we've been working with. I want to baptize the mom too, but she's always making visits to her husband in jail during church on sunday so she doesn't have the opportunity to visit. That'd be cool if you want to send a few conference talks on CD and Jesus the Christ. I could listen to them while i work out in the morning too. That's be so great! I'd love the conference talks on CD. If you could find a few by Bruce R. McConkie i'd love that. He shared a bunch of profound doctrine and things that i'd like to listen to. That's a really great idea mom.. haha.. good job! That's cool that you guys got your trip all figured out to Utah. The weather there should be really nice right? I still haven't met the new mission president, who will be our new mission president july 1st. We had our last conference with President Milder yesterday. It was really sad, but he taught some way cool things about the premortal life, how we had friends, we associated, we learned, we grew, and we also had the ability there to choose right and wrong. What we did there greatly affected why we are where we are here, and that are calling to be certain things were given there, and why we shouldn't aspire to be a prophet, an apostle, a zone leader, a district leader and those things. He said also Lucifer aspired to be something he was not designated to be, the savior of all the world and fell because he thought he was better fit for that area, and that his plan was better. Many times we have to just accept our leaders, even if we feel we could do a better job in that position. They also gave me a tie for my b-day that's coming up. it was a sad conference, but it went really well, and they gave us all a picture and a way to communicate with them. Right when i get back, i'll probably see them in a little reunion for all the U.S. missionaries, so no worries, i'll see them again and keep in contact.
That's cool that brandon got back from the mission. What's has he got planned to do now? Is he going to stay there for a while in Mesa? and Zac is leaving? And he's going to Argentina right? If you could get his address that he'll have, that'd be great. I'll send him some letters, write to him during the mission and things.
Well, glad to talk to you again. Have a good one mom! Love you so much! Good luck with the trip and everything
-Love Andrew
That's cool that brandon got back from the mission. What's has he got planned to do now? Is he going to stay there for a while in Mesa? and Zac is leaving? And he's going to Argentina right? If you could get his address that he'll have, that'd be great. I'll send him some letters, write to him during the mission and things.
Well, glad to talk to you again. Have a good one mom! Love you so much! Good luck with the trip and everything
-Love Andrew






1 comments:
I'm amazed at how much they learn and grow while they are on their mission. He's really into studying the deep stuff, McConkie and Jesus the Christ. I'm impressed!
Post a Comment