So...rain did come another day, in buckets today, little to no visibility I got a lot of nice Birthday wishes though and that brought some sunshine to my day, as well as being able to move up the flight so we could get home a little sooner. It's great to go places, but it's also great to be home. The song says, "I left my heart in San Francisco" but I think my heart will always be at home. Sorry, San Francisco!
Yes, it's official today I turn the big FIVE ZERO! A friend of mine who is a bit younger than me listed something about herself for each year she's been on earth. I thought I'd give it a try, so here goes...
50 things about Me
I am the third child in my family, and also the middle child.
I have NEVER logged onto Pinterest.
I love musicals, especially old Rogers and Hammerstein movies.
My favorite color is a tie, red, purple and the blue the sky is just after sunset.
My hair is naturally blonde, and yes, I do feel my hair color some days.
I have been married 30 years.
I have lived in Arizona my entire life.
My father was a rancher, and I have a lot of great memories of spending time at the Ranch.
I ate Rocky Mountain Oysters, I was young and when I found out what they were that was the end of that.
I love to bake and try new recipes.
Christmas is my favorite holiday, but Thanksgiving runs a close second as it's a great reminder to slow down and count your blessings.
I have a beautiful, creative, talented and thoughtful daughter - Laura.
I have a handsome, musically creative and talented and adventurous son - Andrew
My favorite dessert is a Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae.
I like kick boxing workouts! (Even if I do have to get up at 5 am - it's very therapeutic).
My husband and I are empty nesters.
I've had 9 jobs since I left home.
I grew up in Thatcher, Arizona, it was a great small town to live in.
I do not have a FACEBOOK account.
My favorite meal...I actually don't know, I love salmon and steamed vegetables, but you can't beat a good old fashioned hamburger every once in a while, or a great pizza, or......that one's just too hard to decide.
I like going to the movies and I love to put white cheddar flavoring on my popcorn.
I like to be creative.
I love to sit down with a good book.
Sunday dinners with my family are the best! I'm grateful I get to spend time with them.
I play Christmas Music and watch sappy Christmas Movies way before December 1st.
I like brussel sprouts and spinach.
Still like a nice tall glass of chocolate milk on occasion.
I love Sunday afternoon naps.
I enjoy traveling with my husband, I love that he likes to search out his family history and we always find a way to incorporate that into our trips.
I love the fall back east, there's nothing like the brilliant colors of those leaves.
I was once ran over by horses...long story.
I love ice cream cones.
I talk in my sleep, and yes I dare admit I snore on occasion.
I don't like waiting in lines.
My nickname when I was younger was Tinkerbell. I think I was probably more of a stinkerbell!
I had the same first grade teacher as my Grandmother and Mother, Mrs. Fife.
I have over 50 nieces and nephews, I'll be honest I lost count on my husband's side of the family.
I have never been skiing.
Wicked is my favorite Broadway play, though Phantom of the Opera, and Les Miserable are up there with it.
I like wrapping presents, especially making bows out of the extra wrapping paper, thanks to Beverly Jones for teaching me that great thing!
(Ten to go............)
My favorite perfume is Curve Crush.
I love roses, especially the ones that grow in our yard.
Call me out of touch, but I don't watch much football, baseball, basketball or any sport. I just don't understand why the people that broadcast football games really think we need a little yellow line and an arrow, so we know which direction and how far the team has to go to get a first down. We survived without it for years....
I love shopping...except for groceries.
I used to be organized, but the older I get the less organized I am.
I like to get pedicures.
(This is harder than you think!)
Love to sit by a campfire and roast marshmallows, but I think s'mores are too sweet.
Chocolate...what can I say it's the best!
I once fell off a rowing machine...It was hilarious, but you had to be there!
I love my family so much and I'm so grateful for the blessings they are in my life.
There I did it...I think it would have been easier to list 50 things I'm grateful for instead of things about me. I have been truly blessed and I'm so grateful each day for the amazing gifts of love, and peace and joy I receive.






0 comments:
Post a Comment