It's been 7 months since I started on this journey, and today I reached a number mile marker. My goal was to intially lose 43 pounds and to become more fit. When I stepped on the scale this morning I had lost a total of 45 pounds, so the scale gave me my marker. It has been a interesting journey so far, I've learned that it's really not about numbers on the scale,it's about having a desire to take care of yourself, so that you will be able to work through challenges and trials and be there to help others when needed. It's not about how difficult the workout you do each day is, and how well you perform during it, but that you get up every day and make that decision, and recognize that you're not going to be perfect, but you look forward to the improvement that you have in strength and stamina each week. It's about learning how to find peace ,joy, and gratitude in the situation you are in now and learning to trust the Lord in His guidance for you in your life.
Today I celebrate Mile Marker 1, and all that came with it, and I look forward to continuing on this journey and hitting the next marker along the way.
Monday, February 25, 2013
A Mile Marker on my Journey of Taking Care of Me
Posted by mpal at 6:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Awesome job Patrice! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment