Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day 2012

We spent Thanksgiving in Thatcher at my parent's home this year.  We had a really great time, but once again I forgot my camera, so these are photos Laura took on her iPhone.  We spent part of the morning helping my dad take down and clean out what was left of his summer garden and then Mike, Laura and Steven went shooting with my Uncle John and his family.  They had a really nice time.
Ready

Aim
Fire!
We had Thanksgiving dinner about 6 pm as Andrew had to work and we had to wait for him to arrive.  He made it right on time and we had a very nice evening.
Laura took pictures of everyone around the table.
This is my great niece Maigan Ferrin, she is so fun, she created a game called Pickle/Banana, you ask a silly question and the answer is always Pickle/Banana.  We got a lot of laughs playing her game.

Andrew explaining something very important

The Mom look over here pose
Laura and Steven

Mike being non- cooperative

My mom - Laura tried to get her attention but she was
very interested in the converstation.
My beautiful niece Jenna Ferrin and her equally beautiful younger daughter Kiera

My sister Marie

I love these two pictures Laura was trying to get my dad to smile
he told her he didn't know how.  She proved him wrong! 


Maigan and Kiera - Sisterly love!
 
I'm so glad we got to spend time with my parents and other family members in Thatcher this year.  It was a day full of great memories, cooking, putting a puzzle together, playing games, and of course wonderful food.  I think my sister Marie made the best pies EVER this year! 
 
Every Thanksgiving I have a little song my mom taught us stuck in my head and I hum it all day long, so I thought I'd put it on the blog and share....
 
Today's Thanksgiving day
And we have a treat
Cuz' there are so many
Yummy things to eat
Tom Turkey's on the table
Just waiting to be carved
I hope my dad soon does it
Fot goodness sakes I'm starved
 
I like the cranberries
Pie and all the rest
But of all the dinner
I like the Turkey best
I hope I won't be sorry
For eating til' I break
Cuz' I don't want a visit
From Mr. Tummy Ache

0 comments: