Sunday, March 13, 2011

Usery Mountain Hike/Bridal Shower March 12, 2011

We got up bright and early Saturday morning to go on a hike with the fabulous Young Women of Monterey Ward, the weather was wonderful and the scenery was beautiful!
Camryn Hulshoff, Vanessa Evans, Kimberly Wilkins, Tesah Barton, Camille Lunt, Dawn Saylors

Samantha Love, Sarah Huffaker, Janae Tidwell, Starr Hartman


Randa Brown, Emily McCullough, Breanna McCarter

Stopping for a water break

Loving the spring weather

"What do you mean we're only half way there?"

The View - Way better than the TV Talk Show

Yes we did it! 7 1/2 Miles
In the way back - Calli Tidwell, Kathy Willis, Patrice Millett, Hilaree Cardon and Bev McCarter
(The brave YW leaders!)
Kimberly Wilkins, Vanessa Evans, Camryn Hulshoff, Camille Lunt, Tesah Barton, Janae Tidwell, Samantha Love, Sarah Huffaker, Starr Hartman, Emily McCullough, Breanna McCarter, Randa Brown, Dawn Saylors

Confession of an out of shape, middle aged Beehive Advisor: This hike was only 7 1/2 miles, there were a few steep inclines and places where you had to watch your step, but it really is not a difficult hike. I did make it, but once I sat down in the car to drive back home, getting up was not so easy, my hips, my back, my knees, my thighs were all very sore, I had to take Naproxen when I got home just so I could move. Later that night, I got really bad muscle cramps (charlie horse kind), geez Louise, I am so out of shape, this was a wake up call for me. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be moving better and I can hit the gym.
Mandi Ryan's Bridal Shower
Laura modeling the latest in TP fashions!

What a lovely bow. The hardest part about the whole things was getting the dress off of Laura as they had used so much strapping tape to put it together.

When we first arrived at the shower we were asked if we wanted to be a Butterfly or a Flower, Laura chose a flower and I chose a Butterfly. We ended up on different teams designing a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Laura was the model for her team. I think we're on to something here - disposable bridal gowns - just think of the money we could save! I was amazed at the detail that was put into these dresses. Mandi couldn't decide which dress was best so everyone got a prize. The shower was very nice, we're so happy for Mandi!

0 comments: