Sunday evening, I went to a Stake Christmas Musical Presentation, there was the cutest little blonde girl sitting on the row in front of us. Her father got up and sang with one of the choirs and as he was returning to his seat she blurted out, "You did a good job Daddy, I'm proud of you!" That tiny sweet voice made me laugh, and at the same time made me a little melancholy. I got to thinking about this time of year and the wonder and awe that come from the children. Now that mine are grown, I still enjoy the Christmas season very much, but I have to admit it's just not quite the same as it used to be. So, I was feeling a little blue the last couple of days, just missing that magic that young children bring to your home during the holidays. Today, my boss brought his son Rex, who is almost 5, into work. He was a little bored, so I helped him start a paper chain, and he finished it, then I showed him how to cut out snowflakes, it was fun to see his amazement as he opened up his finished project, and have him tease me when he asked me to help cut out a circle and it looked more like a raindrop. We hopped, skipped, jumped and raced to and from the mailbox, jumping a few imaginary streams along the way. He helped me open and sort the mail, and then he told me all about his ride on the Polar Express, his silver bell, and how it was his favorite Christmas movie. I also got to hear about all of his favorite rides at Disneyland. Rex's visit made my day, and brought a little bit of that feeling of wonder that only children can bring back to me.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Children and Christmas Magic
Such sweet memories!
Posted by mpal at 7:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Oh. I am feeling the same way!Do you think they will still make us homemade ornaments if we ask ;)
Post a Comment