Hey family! this week was pretty interesting. I got transfered to Manaus. So I had to pack all my stuff, and leave some extra things behind because i had to use a plane to get there. When I arrived in Manaus it was great. Got a shake, talked to many missionaries that i had known since the beginning of the mission. Like Elder Silveira, my 4th companion who's now my zone leader, Elder Leitch my companion from the CTM and a bunch of other missionaries. We had a big conference the next day where we got our assignments in the stakecenter in front of the Mission Offices and then got some trainings and then headed out. I've got an area that i hear is extremely good for baptizing. So far we have a family, mother and son, that we're preparing to be baptized this Sunday. that should be a great experience. Manaus is a lot bigger than Rio Branco, where i was at. I'm very very excited to be here, see everyone again, and get to know the people here. My companion is very awesome, a nice calm guy, which is a big difference from my last companion who was always full of energy, literally bouncing around. Although he was mildly crazy, we got along. He's got 4 months in the mission, and he was companions with my second companion Elder Silva, who finshed his mission two days ago. I was sad i didn't get to say goodbye to him, but all good. Haha that big american breakfast last week did get pretty messy, but i washed the dishes and cleaned up a little before i left there. The michael jackson dancer didn't get baptized yet, but i taught before i left, and i've got a strong feeling he'll be baptized soon. He had some doubts about being baptized again, but before i left i explained some things to him. I think he understands now that the church where he is going is wrong. I hope Elder Fernandes will baptize the guy soon. That's cool about the Veteran's parade. It's good that there's strong patriotism. If you could send pictures of me during the time i was at EAC or something that'd be cool. That's great about the discovery dad and that even the apostles are reading it. Congratz! Congratz on the win in the soccer game laura. Good luck with the calling mom. Even though there's maybe hundreds of people that can do our calling better than us, sometimes we're put in that calling to learn something or doing something specific. I did get the halloween package yesterday. Thanks for the candy! My companion loves the skittles. Have a great week you guys! Love all of you!
Love, Andrew
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
"I'm very very excited to be here"
Posted by mpal at 3:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment